Gain an edge with one of the leading forces in global equity capital markets
Cantor Equity Capital Markets (ECM) was established in 1965 and has grown to become one of the largest and best-known participants in the global equity capital arena.
Our business is focused mainly on:
- Primary agency execution
- Matched principal transaction (natural matches and executions for clients on equity exchanges)
A low-risk approach to equity capital markets
Matched, off-exchange trading and institutional orders executed on exchanges require only limited capital commitment. As a result, ECM does not carry significant levels of inventory and we are never exposed to high levels of market risk.
Our business model also ensures third market liquidity and trading, which is vital to the success of thinly traded, middle market companies. We add further value for our clients by providing in-depth analysis and expert insights across a range of capital structures.
A global footprint
Cantor has a global reputation for its expert knowledge and unparalleled service. We have over 5,000 institutional clients across the world, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to middle market players. Our customers include: insurance companies, asset managers, investment advisors, hedge funds, as well as regional broker-dealers, small and mid-sized banks, specialist investment firms and REITs.
Cantor’s two largest markets are the US and Europe, but the group is also currently experiencing significant growth in Asia.
Our services are diverse and we’re active in: institutional sales, over-the-counter and listed trading, portfolio trading, risk arbitrage sales and trading, convertible sales and trading, stock loan, equity research and equity underwriting and advisory services.
In the US, ECM acts as a broker-dealer for institutional clients where the focus is primarily on US equities, which are traded as follows:
- Block crosses of exchange-traded equities in the third market
- Execution of orders on national exchanges
- Block transactions in the over-the-counter markets
In addition, our in-depth US Equity research provides clients with unique and exclusive market insights. This includes a focus on key drivers of stock prices, company and industry fundamentals, as well as capital market influences and overall economic trends.
In Europe, we act as a broker in equity capital market products including equity derivatives for global dealers and institutions.
Our European affiliate entity is a member of the London Stock Exchange (Cash & Derivatives), Deutsche Böerse (Eurex & Xetra), Euronext (Amsterdam, London & Paris), ICE Europe and NASDAQ OMX. In addition, a participant on the following MTFs: Bloomberg, MarketAxess, Tradeweb and TP ICAP.
SEC Rule 606 most recent monthly and archived reports
For additional information, please contact our compliance team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales and trading capability in equity capital markets
Cantor’s Domestic Equities desk is one of the largest on Wall Street. Through our 125-strong equity capital markets team, we trade over $160 billion of securities each year on the NYSE and NASDAQ exchanges.
With our state-of-the-art execution capabilities, we provide institutional investors with a unique platform for trading blocks of stocks in a variety of market conditions.
Coupled with our extensive network of sales and trading professionals, and our global reach, this ensures that our clients benefit from:
- Superior market making capabilities
- In-depth market knowledge
- Strong links to clearing houses
- Low execution costs
- Increased liquidity
For more information, please contact: email@example.com
Full-service equity solutions for overseas institutional clients
Cantor’s International Equities group is a leading broker to institutional clients worldwide. With offices spanning the globe, we have capabilities in all major markets in Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas.
- Exchange-traded equities
- Over-the-counter cash equities
- Equity and index options
- Program trading
- Stock lending services
High liquidity, superior service
Our extensive global client base ensures superior liquidity as we are able to match and cross orders rapidly across multiple products and jurisdictions. This helps to increase speed and reduce transactional costs for our clients.
Our experienced International Equities team also works closely with our clients to develop successful trading strategies, aligned closely with their risk appetite and investment objectives.
For more information on International Equities, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
US Equity Research
Merging ideas, access and intelligence with our best-in-class execution platform
Cantor Fitzgerald’s Equity Research team provides research-driven insight for a broad array of investing strategies. Our U.S. Equity Research team covers approximately 250 stocks across two industry verticals: Healthcare and Technology. Our approach enables us to provide in-depth and objective industry knowledge to help clients make important investment decisions.
Our analysts actively seek out companies to cover that enable us to provide the highest level of intellectual capital to our clients through our in-depth written research and corporate access services. We are continuing to grow our research footprint and building on the current portfolio of stocks already under coverage. Our current industry specializations include:
- Canadian Licensed Producers
- Consumer CBD
- U.S. Multi-State Operators
- Healthcare Information Technology (HCIT)
- Large Cap & BioPharma
- Life Science Tools & Diagnostics
- Managed Care
- Medical Devices & Supplies
- MedTech and Diagnostics
- Industrial Technology/Sustainability
- Consumer Internet
- Crypto and Blockchain
- Metals and Mining (*Cantor Fitzgerald Canada Corporation ONLY)
To access our current coverage list, please visit: Cantor U.S. Equity Research Reports.
For more information on Cantor Fitzgerald Equity Research, please contact EquityResearchSales@cantor.com
A differentiated approach
Cantor’s equity derivatives desk provides trading, strategic and execution services for: hedge funds, family offices, pension funds and other large institutions, as well as to liquidity providers.
Working with our options execution desk, we offer derivatives strategies in a number of areas. These include:
Index, macro and sector ETF options
Combining highly ranked macro/quantitative analysis with extensive options knowledge, our team creates customized and actionable trading strategies for index, macro and sector ETF options.
These are designed to outperform traditional alternatives of the same notional value. In addition, we work with our clients to manage the strategies until maturity.
Single stock options
We also provide customized, sector-specific ideas in healthcare, TMT (technology, media and telecom), retail and other verticals.
Healthcare is a particularly strong field of expertise for Cantor and we see extensive options flow in this area.
We also provide strategies on event-driven special situations. These can include corporate events, restructurings and earnings releases.
For more information on our derivative products, please contact: email@example.com
Convertibles & Structural Credit
A global leader in equity capital markets
Cantor trades and markets a broad range of convertible and equity-linked securities across the globe.
We use extensive fundamental and quantitative analysis to develop strategies and solutions that help our clients outperform the market.
We focus on:
- Convertible securities — These include: convertible bonds and notes, exchangeable bonds and notes, units consisting of a combination of debt, preferred stock, common stock and warrants, and mandatory convertible structures.
- Equity warrants — This comprises: traditional and covered warrants, warrants issued in bankruptcy reorganizations, and healthcare and biotechnology warrants.
For more information, please contact the Convertible and Structural Credit Group at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Portfolio Solutions Group
Flexible strategies, automated execution
Cantor’s Portfolio Trading Group assists institutional investors with their equity portfolio transactions. We do this by offering sophisticated trading strategies along with automated electronic execution.
Our advanced analytics and quantitative system is underpinned by an extensive liquidity network. This can help reduce transactional costs, whilst improving portfolio performance.
For more information on Portfolio Trading, please contact: cantorPSG@cantor.com or 212-829-4900
- Liquidity Sourcing
- DARKAGG (Manages order placements in non-displayed venues to maximize liquidity capture and reduce information leakage)
- SEEK (Liquidity sourcing strategy that efficiently seeks liquidity across both lit and dark venues)
- Auction (Targets the opening or closing price, taking into account historical auction volume and Imbalance Feeds)
- Schedule Driven
- VWAP (Targets period VWAP)
- TWAP (Executes evenly, with randomization, over a specified period)
- Dynamic / Adaptive
- POV (Participates in-line with market volume)
- Arrival Price (Minimizes slippage versus arrival mid)
- Dark Aggregator
- POV with Variable Participation %
- CLOSE with Imbalance Feeds
- Dark Venue Ranking Model
- Market Impact Model
- Dynamic Volume Forecast Model
Execution Consulting Services
- Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA)
- Hands-on Monitoring of Client Orders
- Market Color and Order Execution Advisory
- Proactive Approach Resulting in Tangible, Measurable Benefits to Clients
For more information on Electronic Trading, please contact email@example.com or
Sourcing and exploiting large-scale opportunities in M&A
Cantor’s Merger Arbitrage / Event desk offers market making, execution and research for institutional equity clients whose focus is on global mergers & acquisitions (M&A).
We specialize in:
- Stub trades
- Collar transactions
Leveraging decades of experience, we also generate event-driven investment ideas in equities.
For more information on Risk Arbitrage, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Best in class execution
Cantor’s Broker-Dealer Trade Executive Group provides retail broker dealers with a quality trade execution service for both national market system (NMS) and over-the-counter (OTC) orders.
Hybrid execution model
Cantor’s flexible and innovative model combines advanced electronic trade execution with dedicated ‘human’ interaction. This ensures that our retail clients experience an efficient, one-stop trading service.
Our offerings include:
- Best in class execution quality and service
- High performance and scalable electronic trading platform
- Oversized orders actionable by traders at your discretion
- We cover all order types, including: Held, Non-Held, Limit, Stop, MOO, MOC, AON, VWAP, TWAP
- Execution capabilities on any US listed security — including NASDAQ, NYSE, and ETF securities
- Best in class OTC (US and ADR) execution quality and service with mid-point pricing when possible
- Market maker in over 7,000 OTC securities
- Full service OTC ADR and ordinary trading desk
- 24-hour execution capability in 44 countries
- Ability to trade any order, including: BB, Pink, Grey’s, Unsolicited, ADRs, Ordinaries (including overnight) and settle in US $ or local currency
- We cover all order types: Held, Non-Held, Limit, Stop, MOO, MOC, AON, etc.
- Free quote report and focus list available and ability to preference specific names
For more information on the Broker Dealer Trade Executive Group, please contact: email@example.com
Insights from a market leader
Cantor’s Market Intelligence Group publishes a number of award-winning daily reports designed to help portfolio managers, sector traders and analysts make quality trading decisions.
We also publish sector-specific daily bulletins such as Consumer@Cantor. These focus on an individual industry or vertical, and provide breaking news, trading insights and upcoming event information throughout the day.
To be included on our publication distribution lists, please contact your Cantor salesperson.
Comparative Advantage was created to provide investment advisory services and seeks to provide return enhancement for indexed or enhanced index portfolios through the employment of its proprietary model. Comparative Advantage invests client assets primarily in equity securities and equity futures contracts, but also invests in fixed income securities. The Comparative Advantage model calculates a series of prices at which the client portfolio would be willing to buy and sell various sized blocks of each available name, distributes these prices anonymously to trading counterparties and executes accepted trades. Comparative Advantage is intended to provide real time transparency, including, financial pricing and position detail, portfolio tracking error, cash level and trade-by-trade detail reporting.