See below for our available programs as well as all details on our diversity initiative.
Sales & Trading Analyst Program
The Capital Markets Division of Cantor Fitzgerald is seeking self-motivated individuals who display initiative, drive and leadership to join its 2023 Sales and Trading Analyst Program. Ideal candidates will possess strong analytical and quantitative skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
Our Initial Training Program includes:
- Training: Combined in-house and external training programs to enhance product knowledge, business development, and soft skills. Analysts also receive training and sponsorship for required Series Exams.
- Recruiting: Full-time Analysts act as ambassadors for our on-campus recruitment efforts and mentors for our Summer Analysts.
- Networking Events: Full-time Analysts will have the opportunity to participate in various events to welcome them to the Firm and allow them to build relationships with other professionals.
Throughout every stage of our Analysts’ careers, they will continue to grow and develop through a combination of formal and informal training programs, designed to ensure they master the requisite skill sets necessary to be successful at Cantor Fitzgerald.
Investment Banking Analyst Program
The Investment Banking Group of Cantor Fitzgerald is seeking highly motivated, talented candidates to join its 2023 Analyst class. Analysts are expected to play a meaningful role in the transaction process and overall growth of the franchise. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, with strong analytical and quantitative skills, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Given Cantor Fitzgerald’s entrepreneurial environment, the Firm expects Analysts to assume increasing levels of responsibility. Analysts will work in small deal teams to execute and analyze a range of transactions across capital markets and M&A. Such responsibilities include:
- Preparing client presentations and materials for senior bankers
- Executing transactions involving direct client interaction and communication
- Conducting extensive financial modeling and valuation
- Assessing industry research and trends
- Developing internal memorandums
- Managing data rooms and other required execution processes
Our Analysts spend their first few weeks participating in our Analyst Training Program to ensure they have the necessary tools and foundational skill set to start off strong once they join their group. Over the course of their Analyst years, they continue to grow and develop through a mix of formal and informal training programs, designed to ensure they master the requisite analyst skill set. They receive detailed performance coaching and feedback to help stay on track for consideration for promotion to Associate.
Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program
The Summer Analyst program runs for 10 weeks.
While the Investment Banking Group at Cantor Fitzgerald covers a wide variety of sectors, junior bankers are generalists, meaning that once they complete their training they have the opportunity to work on projects across all different industry verticals and products. Throughout their internships they are staffed on pitches, live deals and other long-term projects supporting our client calling efforts. Whenever possible, Summer Analysts are invited to travel to client meetings in the tri-state area. Our intention is for them to be exposed to the exact kind of work and assignments that full-time Analysts see on a regular basis. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Learning how to put together a company overview, annotated stock price chart and Wall Street analyst summary
- Deciding how to select the appropriate trading comps and precedents, as well as learning how to spread a trading comp
- Conducting client due diligence
- Becoming familiar with the different valuation methods, including DCF and LBO analysis
- Preparing offering memoranda along with other written materials, including memoranda to senior management
Banking Summer Analysts will be provided with the tools and training they need to develop and help grow their careers. Summer Analysts are provided ample opportunities to network with colleagues both in the Investment Bank and across other businesses of Cantor Fitzgerald. Midway through the summer, they are given constructive feedback on their performance and receive the support they need to ensure they walk away with a solid understanding of business and their potential place at Cantor. Depending on their performance, you may receive an offer to return to Cantor in a full-time position post graduation.
At Cantor Fitzgerald, it is our mission to foster a professional environment that is diverse and inclusive. We strongly believe that diverse firms outperform their peers, with numerous studies substantiating this view. As a global firm, with 150 offices in 22 countries, we consider ourselves to be diverse in many ways. However, we are always looking to do more. Join us in moving the needle forward.
The Network of Women, “NOW”
The Network of Women (“NOW”) supports the recruitment, development and retention of women across our organization. NOW strives to offer a variety of opportunities and tools to help our members make new professional contacts, find mentors and develop their careers, with the goal of advancing our businesses and reputation. These events and activities also provide opportunities for our members to support one another through a valuable exchange of experiences, advice, and best practices for career success.