At Cantor Fitzgerald, we are committed to handling information about you responsibly and would like to let you know that we recognize and respect your right to privacy. This Privacy Statement applies to the Cantor Fitzgerald websites (the “Sites“).
This Privacy Statement describes the types of personal information we collect on the Sites, how we may use that information and with whom we may share it.
Cantor Fitzgerald is responsible for your personal information. Cantor Fitzgerald comprises Cantor Fitzgerald L.P and its affiliates (together “Cantor“, “we” or “us“).
For the purposes of applicable data protection law, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR“), your personal information will be controlled by the Cantor affiliate that is providing services to you or communicating to you and each such entity is regarded as an independent controller of your personal information. This Privacy Statement applies to all such entities.
This Privacy Statement may be updated by us at any time and any changes will be effective once posted on the website. If we make any substantial changes to this Privacy Statement, we may place a notice on the website so that you are aware of any changes to how your personal information is collected and used.
Personal information we collect and how we use it
You may choose to provide personal information (for example, your name, address, telephone number and email) on our Sites. We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary in order to provide you with the services or products you have requested. Here are the ways you may provide the information, the types of information you may submit and how we may use that information.
- Newsletter subscriptions and email alerts. On our Sites you may sign up to receive news, alerts and publications from Cantor. To sign-up we may ask you for information such as your name, email address [and topics of interest]. We will use this information to send you the communications you request. We may also use this information to communicate with you about other topics which we think may be of interest to you.
If you are a [registered user/have an account with us] you can unsubscribe from receiving these e-mails at any time by logging in and managing your email preferences via the  page. Alternatively, you can click the “unsubscribe” link contained in our email messages.
- Contact Us. If you communicate with us through the “Contact Us” link on our Sites, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address and telephone number so we can respond to your questions and comments.
- Other Uses of Information. We may use the personal information you provide on the Sites for our internal purposes. These purposes include administration of the Sites, market research, data analytics and compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures.
Information we share
We do not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose personal information visitors submit through our Sites, except as described in this Privacy Statement.
We share or disclose personal information when necessary to provide services or conduct our business operations as described below. When we share personal information, we do so in accordance with data privacy and security requirements. We may also occasionally share non-personal, anonymised, statistical data with third parties. Below are the parties with whom we may share personal information and why.
- Within the Cantor Fitzgerald group: Cantor Fitzgerald’s businesses are supported by a variety of our teams and functions. We may make personal information available to them if necessary for the provision of services, account administration, sales and marketing, customer and technical support. All of our employees and contractors are required to follow our data privacy and security policies when handling personal information.
- Our third-party service providers: We partner with and are supported by service providers some of which are located outside the EEA. We will make personal information available to our service providers only when necessary to fulfil the services they provide to us, such as software, system and platform support; cloud hosting services; advertising; data analytics; and order fulfilment and delivery. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal information we make available to them for any other purpose than to provide services to us.
- Third parties for legal reasons: We will share personal information when we believe it is required, such as:
- To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
- In the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- To protect our rights, users, systems and services.
- This website automatically receives and stores users’ IP addresses, cookie information and statistical information about the users’ online experience and the pages they request. The information is fully anonymised and only used for statistical and analysis purposes for us to assess how the Sites are performing.
- In addition, our third party ad networks and other third party service providers, over time and across different websites, may collect IP address, browser type, hardware model and unique device identifier as well as information about users’ activities online when they use this website. Although non-personally identifiable, we may use such received and collected information, disclose it to and share it with our third parties services providers in connection with your access to and/or use of this website. Please note that, as of the latest update of this privacy statement, this website does not currently take actions to respond to “Do Not Track” signals in browsers.
Links to other sites
How we protect personal information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards for the Sites that are designed to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information we collect through our Sites.
Data processing locations
We may transfer the personal information we collect through the Sites to other countries where we do business, which may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you reside. We take measures to provide appropriate level of data protection. For example, we use approved standard contractual clauses, intragroup agreements, and other measures designed to ensure that recipients of your personal information protect it.
Please note that this website is not designed to be used by or collect any personally identifiable information from individuals under the age of majority.
The laws of your state of residence may give you the right to request certain information from us. To request a copy of such information, please contact us by clicking on the link provided below and include your name, state of residence and specific information requested.
The GDPR entitles European residents certain rights in relation to their personal information. Under certain circumstances, if you are a European resident by law you have the right to:
- update, modify, delete or obtain (commonly known as a “subject access request“) a copy of the personal information that we hold on you; or
- restrict or stop us from using any of the personal information which we hold about you;
you can request this by contacting DPM@Cantor.co.uk. We endeavour to respond to such requests within a month or less, although we reserve the right to extend this period for complex requests.
Where appropriate, we will respond to your requests relating to your personal information in writing or by email. If you require our response in a different format, please let us know.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this website, or your dealings with this website, please contact us at ComplianceNY@cantor.com.
If you are not happy with the way that we have handled your personal information or a data subject access request, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular (for EU based individuals) in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: [0303 123 1113].
Last updated: 25 May 2018